Friday, January 11, 2013

Technology: The Present and Future of Education

    As my education has progressed through the years technology has been integrated into my course work more and more frequently. Now, as a college student, technology is used in every class that I am enrolled in. Technology plays an important role in education today and it's importance can only continue to grow with all of the advances that are made in technology every day. Many people in today's cyber age are very technologically advance. I am not ashamed to admit that I am NOT one of those people. When it comes to technology I am far behind the times. As a future educator I consider technology a key to successful teaching. It is my goal to become proficient in the use of technology because I know it will not only help in my teaching career but also in every other area of my life. Right now I am taking a technology for education course at Brigham Young University Hawaii and this course is a way for me to learn as much as I can about technology in the classroom and how I can implement it in my lessons or my own personal studies. I know by the end of the course I won't be a master of technology but hopefully I can at least achieve squire status and I can build upon my acquired skills to maybe one day reach master status.

-- Life-long Learner

No comments:

Post a Comment