
Images are a great resource that can be used in classrooms today. One of the great things about using images in the classroom is that it can be used for all ages. It can be used as an introduction to a specific topic or a teacher could show a picture of a historical figure that the student's are learning about or it can illustrate a key concept that the teacher is trying to get across. When I was in Kindergarten our assignment for every letter we learned was to find pictures in magazines at home that started with that specific letter and cut them out and glue them onto a page. This is a great example of how images can be used in the classroom. Now with digital cameras much more can be done because digital images can be taken and be uploaded instantly and used in the classroom. This article, 100 Ways to Use Digital Cameras is a resource that I think will be very useful for me as a future educator. It lists 100 different ways that you can utilize digital cameras in your classroom. I thought that all these ideas are good suggestions and the fact that there are 100 suggestions gives you a variety of choices. I also found this wiki page through Pinterest that gives suggestions for how to use media in the classroom. It has links for images and videos and gives suggestions for how to use them in the classroom for different grades. The image I used for this blog post I found by using the creative commons search engine and I found it on pixabay.com which is a great website for images that are available for use in your classroom under the creative commons license. I plan to use images in my classroom so I feel like these resources will be very useful to me.
--Life-Long Learner
No comments:
Post a Comment