Friday, March 15, 2013

Resources For Future Classroom


       Integrating technology will be an almost daily task in my future classroom. By keeping track of online resources that I find now I can refer back to them and use them in my classroom. I keep track of these online resources by bookmarking them on Diigo, or pinning them on Pinterest. I had the opportunity to explore some resources this past week and here is some of what I found.

http://en.childrenslibrary.org- This site is an online children's library. You can create your own library account and read books online. It also gives access to children's books from countries all around the world which will be great for integrating diversity in my classroom.

http://www.microsoft.com/education/en-us/teachers/guides/Pages/digital_storytelling.aspx- This website is all about digital story telling and provides access to software that allows student's to create their digital stories. I would really like to use this website to create a lesson where my student's write their own story and create a video or slide show to go with it. I will most likely use this website for my project in my education technology class.

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/- Who doesn't love National Geographic? I know I do! When I was in elementary school I loved looking at the National Geographic magazines that our teacher kept available to us. There were always interesting stories and pictures in it. This website is geared towards kids and provides games, pictures, and facts that can be used in a social studies lesson.

http://www.kidsolr.com- Out of all the websites I explored this week, this one is my favorite. It has hundreds of links to other webpages with topics from every subject. I especially loved the links for history and I know that I will definitely be using this site as a resource in my classroom.

www.easybib.com- This last website isn't really geared to my future 3rd grade classroom but it is a website that I love and has helped me so much through my college career and I may need it as a professional as well. Easybib is an online citation builder. You just type in the information you know and it builds your citation for you for free. Easy, free, and convenient.

      There it is. Hopefully my library of resources will continue to build and benefit me throughout m career

-- Life-Long Learner


No comments:

Post a Comment